Friday, June 20, 2008

Family Heirloom

 

 

 

 

This dress Katie is in belonged to my grandmother "Mimi" it was her christening gown & my great-grandmother made it for her. It was given to me in poor condition with a few stains & was extremely yellow, but had no tears. I was so disappointed in the way it looked & the fact it wasn't taken care of all of these years, but was glad to have it in my hands so I knew I had to do something with it. I received it right before Katelyn was born & never got around to taking it somewhere to have it fixed. I finally went to a the cleaners a month ago & the lady said it may tear if they did anything to it because it is so delicate. There was no way I was leaving it with them, I would rather it had to stay yellow than be torn & white. They did tell me what I could do to try to fix it myself & sure enough with a little elbow grease I got almost all of the yellow out & the stains are gone. I wish I had a before & after picture the difference is truly amazing to me! Anyway, I had to put it on Katelyn before her little chubby arms out grow it & take a few pictures. As you can see she was being her silly self & moving all over the place so I didn't get any good pictures. I may have another week to get a few more so I will have to try again pretty soon. My intentions were to have her christened in this dress, but I have obviously waited to long. At least it is in better condition for her all of the other babies in our family to use it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean you didn't get any good pictures? Those are great! I love that big smile! She looks so happy in every picture!

    ReplyDelete