Tuesday, May 10, 2011

April 27, 2011

 

 

 

 

I don't need to explain what happened that day in my hometown of Pleasant Grove, I think it's a day no one will forget! The first two pictures are of us in the storm shelter at Tammy's mom's house in Rock Creek/Oak Grove, you can see the kids were probably picking up on our nervousness. After watching the tornado in Tuscaloosa on TV we headed to the basement to their storm shelter. I was pretty nervous especially when the guys were standing at the door watching for the tornado & bringing some of the debris that had landed in the yard. After we were sure it we were in the clear we went outside to see the damage, which thankfully there wasn't any! We could see the black cloud in the distance as the tornado crossed over 15th Street & headed to Concord. It was only a few minutes before we heard about the devastation that had just happened in Concord. It wasn't too much longer we heard about PG. The next day I think I watched the news all day. I felt so helpless & seeing Pleasant Grove destroyed & thinking of all of the people who were hurt or lost their lives just broke my heart! We went out there Friday to check on my grandparents & my mother, thank God they were all ok & their houses were spared. After we checked on the people we knew we rode by my old house. My dad, sister & I lived on 8th Street which is the road from Hill's to Highland Forest. The other two pictures are of that house as you can see there is nothing left! I am so thankful we did not live there anymore because we would have gone into the bathroom, where they always tell you to go & we would not have made it! There was nothing left of the house just the floors in my old room & the laundry room. Thankfully the current owners of the house were not at home that night & they survived!! I pray for all of the people affected by this terrible storm.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment