Friday, February 8, 2008

1 Month Checkup


I can't believe Katelyn is already a month old. I knew everyone said time flies but I didn't know it would go this fast. Look at the difference a month makes she has changed so much & has grown so fast.

We had a little photo session while I was getting her ready to go to the doctor, & these were a few of my favorites!

Katelyn had her 1 month checkup today & she now weighs 8lbs 13 oz. & is 21" long. I knew she had grown but I didn't realize how much. She now weighs 1 oz. more than I did when I was born & I can't imagine giving birth to a baby that size, I am glad she was as small as she was. She also had to have a shot today & they pricked her heel. The heel prick wasn't too bad but the shot, OH MY GOSH! I have never heard her scream that loud, not even when she was born. The nurse had told me before she gave her the shot that the mother's usually take it worse than the baby, I just knew I wasn't one of those mothers, but then I heard her scream. It broke my heart!!! I cried longer than she did. I don't know how I am going to make it through the 2 month check up when she has to have 4 shots!?! Overall she had a good visit & the Dr. said she looked great. I thank God everyday for giving me a healthy baby, lets hope she stays that way!

6 comments:

  1. WOW! She has grown. I am glad everything went well at the Dr. and I don't look forward to those shots. Hopefully we will see you 2 soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, those shot are not fun! it really stinks at the boys age now because they look at you like, why in the world did you just let that lady do that to me!!

    katie is getting big. it is amazing to look back each month and see the changes! she is still just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is absolutely beautiful! I know you are a great mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, the shots are the WORST! I can remember them pricking Brandon's heel in the hospital and I cried then and it only got worse with the shots, but after the first several months they don't have to have as many. I just had to tell myself it was good for him in the long run. Katie is precious and I know yall are sooo happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, honey. I hate shots! Getting them, seeing them, whatever. We go for our 4 year checkup (My gosh, I have a 4 year old!) tomorrow. This is our 1st appointment without shots and I am so thankful for that. Hopefully I can make it through the finger prick. Katie is adorable! Take as many pictures as you can! She'll be grown before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is changing so much!! I can't believe a month has gone by and I know you can't. Just wait!!

    ReplyDelete