Monday, August 8, 2011

Will's 1st Birthday

 

August 2, 2011...we didn't do much for Will's actual birthday b/c I knew we had a big day planned the following Saturday! We went over to The Carter's house & baked cupcakes & let the kids play. After all of the cupcakes were finished we sang Happy Birthday to Will & watched him eat his cupcake. He made a MESS, just what I expected. I didn't get a picture of him before I cleaned him up because he was making a bigger mess pretty quick. He had icing in his hair on his arm, all over his face & a sprinkle on his eye lid! We had a great day & can't believe my baby boy is a year old!

We went to the Dr. on Wed. for his one year check up & Will 21.9 lbs. & is 31" tall. That is 2 inches taller than his daddy at 1 year! He is in the 50% percentile for weight & 75% for height. (Katie was 23.4 lbs. & 30 1/4") I also decided that he had to come off the bottle that day! I had been trying to give him milk in a cup for about a week & he still wanted a bottle so I struggled with it a little bit. I thought he would be taking a bottle for months to come but, I gave him a bottle at lunch that day & he hasn't had one since. He has done great with milk so far & hasn't missed the bottle one bit. It couldn't come at a better time, the house we are living in does not have a diswasher & I have been hand washing Dr. Brown bottles for over a month now. So glad I don't have to do that anymore!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment