Tuesday, April 8, 2008

First Day

Well, yesteday was my first day back at work & I hate to say it but it is like I never left! Not much had changed & it didn't take long to get back in the swing of things, but all I could do was think about Katelyn all day & I got teary eyed a few times.

Our day started off at 5:00 a.m & once everyone was dressed & ready we headed to the daycare. We got there a little early to get Katelyn settled & put all of her things away. She was asleep the whole time I was talking to her teacher & even when I left. That was hard for me because I was scared she was going to wake up & freak out wondering where she was. I cried a few times, especially when I gave her a goodbye kiss, that was when I lost it & had to leave. I didn't want to leave her there with complete strangers, after all she has been with me from day one. I cried a little more in the parking lot & on the way to work, but once I got there I was ok & my mind was on other things. I called & got a the first report & she was fine, she didn't freak out, but she looked around wondering where she was. She had already eaten, played, & napped. I go another report later & again she was doing great. I left work to pick her up around 3:00 & was suprised I didn't get a ticket on the way. I felt like a Nascar driver, at the speeds I was going & weaving in & out of traffic. When I got there I saw her sitting in her little bouncy seat just as happy as can be with all of the other babies, I was very relieved, I didn't want to see her crying when I walked in! I think the first day of daycare was a success & extremely emotional for me & I know it will get better over the next few days & weeks.

Last night Katelyn was making all kinds of sounds, I guess she picked up on them from all of the other kids, she was very "talkative". I think she was trying to tell me about her first day. I didn't get any pictures of her first day, but I will try & take some today. Thanks to everyone who was thinking about me yesterday, I needed a little support to get me through it!

1 comment:

  1. Glad everything went so well. I love all of the new pics of all of her cute little faces. She is precious!

    ReplyDelete