Thursday, September 30, 2010

What a week...

I have had a hell of a week this past week! Last Wednesday I started having a horrible pain in my left lower back & eventually resulted in a trip to the ER Thursday night. I had no idea what was wrong with me, I felt like I was about to die. After a CAT scan I was told I had 2 kidney stones that were blocking the exit of my kidney which resulted in fluid backing up behind them & the excruciating pain I was having. I was told to see the urologist on Friday a.m. & was sent home with pain medication. The next morning the Dr. told me they would have to be removed because I couldn't pass them on my own & I was told it wouldn't be done until the following Thursday!!!! I thought the pain medication I had to take every 4 hours may keep me comfortable until then but I ended up back in the ER Sunday night. They ended up admitting me & I had surgery to remove them Monday afternoon, I felt better as soon as I woke up. If you have never had kidney stones I seriously hope you NEVER have them, it was much worse than child birth if that tells you anything. I hope they don't come back but I was also told once you have them there is a very good chance you will have them again! I have to give a lot of thanks to my husband for taking care of me & our two kids for those 4-5 days & running back & forth to the hospital with me I know he was exhausted!! I'm very thankful to have him & he really is a wonderful husband & I love him very much!

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh Rach, I didn't know! I'm so sorry....I hope you're feeling better now! I wanna get together when everything settles down.....can't wait to hold that sweet baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are feeling better...I've had them at least three different times and it was horrible! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are better. My mom called me at midnight the other night to come to her house to stay with my brother. She said she was in major pain and was going to the ER. She said the same thing as you that it is terrible pain! I hope you continue to heal and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, i feel you girl. i had them with jax and they are horrible. i hope you are feeling much better. will is a doll and i want to see him so bad. hopefully life will settle down a bit and we can all get together soon! praying you have no more stones!!!!

    ReplyDelete