Thursday, August 5, 2010

William Bradley Spencer

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hate that I am just now blogging this & Will is 3 days old but it's been a crazy week. It started Sunday afternoon we went to the Galleria to do some walking trying to speed things a long & it worked. I came home around 6:00 & timed my contractions every 4 min. We headed to the hospital & arrived around 9:00 & I found out I was 4 cm. & they were admitting me. I was in a room by 10:00 & had my IV & epidural by 11:00. Skipping ahead through a very restless night they started pitocin at 5:00, broke my water at 6:30 & Will was here at 8:47 Monday morning. He weighed 8lbs. 6oz. & was 21". Having my second child was just as great of an experience as my first & I love him every bit as much! After Will was here for a little while his big sister got to come in & see him first along with my friend Kristy to capture that special moment in pictures for me. Thank you again Kristy! Katelyn was so in love with her little brother & kept giving him kisses, it was the sweetest thing I have ever seen!!!!
Not long after everyone came in to see Will they took him to the NICU because his breathing was really fast & they thought he had a heart murmur. Of course you can imagine what went through my head. I'm so glad I held him before they took him because I didn't know at the time it would be the next day before I could hold him again. I was definitely on an emotional roller coaster! After the heart murmur was ruled out we had to wait on blood cultures to come back to make sure he didn't have some type of infection & keep an eye on his breathing. Those came back good as well. Tuesday night they started him on the billi light due to his jaundice which was another issue. I was able to give him his first bottle on Tues. night.
They discharged me Wednesday morning & we went to spend time with Will in the NICU before we left the hospital only to find out he was going to get to come home Thursday! We had planned on going home & getting some rest & spending time with Katelyn but had to change plans & spend the night at the NICU family room with our little boy for the first time! We did spend a few hours with Katelyn before heading back to the hospital & it broke my heart to have to leave her another day. Finally we got to come home today with Will but will have to take him to his pediatrician in the morning to check his jaundice again. Hopefully it is coming down & he won't have to go back to the hospital. Katelyn finally got to hold her little brother for the first time today & she is crazy about him. I am so happy to be home with my whole family & to begin this next chapter in our lives. I will have more pictures to come!!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! Sounds like a pretty crazy week...but I am so glad that ya'll are all home together! Will is just precious...I am soo happy for ya'll!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am so glad to hear WIll is doing better and that the family is adjusting well. He is adorable. Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! I love the picture of Katelyn kissing will. How sweet.. She is going to be a great Big Sister!

    ReplyDelete